Two months prior to move:
- Establish your move date.
- Contact your Braun Moving personal move coordinator to begin the moving process.
- Sort and purge. Go through every room and decide what you'd like to keep and what you can donate, sell or throw away.
- Transfer school records. Arrange for dental and medical records to be transferred. Ask for referrals.
Six weeks prior to move:
- If you plan to pack yourself, order supplies - tape, bubble wrap, packing paper, and markers. Contact Braun Moving for specialty boxes and crates.
- Contact the utility company and transfer your services. Leave utilities on until the day after moving.
- Transfer your driver's license(s) to your new town or state.
- Finalize your living arrangements, home-owners/renters insurance at your new residence.
One month prior to move:
- Finalize your move with Braun Moving. If you need storage, make arrangements with Braun Moving & Storage now.
- If you have high-value or specialty items, call your personal relocation coordinator at Braun and we can send you a high-value inventory form.
- If you’re moving out-of-state, make any travel arrangements – including reservations for lodging.
- Finalize your living arrangements. Collect important papers – wills, birth certificates, social security cards, car titles, medical records, financial documents and store in a separate, safe place.
Three weeks prior to move:
- If you are doing your own packing, start now. Clearly label and number each box with its contents and its designated room.
- Make arrangements for child care or pet sitting for the day of the move.
- Set aside flammables to be moved by you or disposed of.
- Call Braun Moving for packing tips and to purchase any boxes that may be needed.
- Have your car serviced for the trip.
Two weeks prior to move:
- Take pet(s) to veterinarian for immunizations
- Drain oil and gasoline from power equipment. Drain garden hoses.
- Review your move plans. Are you on schedule? Any last minute changes? If Braun is also unpacking, be sure to arrange this with your move coordinator.
- Refill and transfer your prescriptions. Have electrical appliances serviced for shipping.
One week prior to move:
- Go to www.usps.com to notify the Postal Service of your new address. Send change-of-address cards to friends, relatives and any subscriptions.
- Arrange for newspapers and or other delivery services to be discontinued.
- Defrost and dry refrigerator and freezer.
- Pack suitcases with clothes, toiletries and jewelry.