Move Out Day
Today's the day! There has been a lot of hard work and planning leading up to this day. Here are some practical tips to help make the day go as smooth as possible.
Braun Moving & Storage has you covered. Our crews are highly trained and will help you every step of the way. If at any time during the move you have questions or concerns, contact your personal move coordinator.
Okay, let's get this done!
- Make sure you are available the entire day of packing and loading.
- Any high-value items - antiques, works of art, furs, etc - should be listed on your "High Value Inventory Form" which you can request from your personal move coordinator.
- If packers are packing the high-value items, be available to view the packing. Money, jewelry, coins, etc. cannot be packed.
- Check the inventory to see if you agree with the notations made by the driver as to the current condition of your furniture at the end of the inventory process. If you see a discrepancy, please review the inventory sheet with the driver.
- Prior to the arrival of the packing or loading crew, make sure to keep items you will be taking with you in a separate area, or marked "Do Not Move" so the crew does not pack or load them.
- Do a final walk-through of the house, garage and yard to make sure nothing has been missed once the loading is complete. Don't forget to check drawers, cabinets, and closets!
- Turn off lights, lock windows and doors.
- Confirm the destination address and directions with the driver.
- Make sure the driver and your move coordinator are aware of how to reach you en route and at your destination.
Keep some things with you!
It'll help to have a few items on hand during Move Out Day. Items like your cell phone, wallet (Cash, Credit Cards, & License!), and keys should stay in your pockets or purse during the move! It's nice to have certain belongings easily accessible as you move into your new home.
In Your Car, Make Sure To Have:
- Cell Phone Chargers
- Vehicle Registration & Insurance Car
- Fix-a-Flat (Just in case!)
- Suitcases containing clothing & valuables
- Toiletry Kit
- Trash Bags
- First Aid Kit
- Pet Food, Toys, & Water/Dishes
- Small Houseplants
Though Move Out Day is very exciting for you, your little ones might get restless. If you're traveling with young children, we suggest having the following items on hand:
- Snacks/Cooler with food & drinks
- Paper Towels
- Wet wipes or moistened towelettes
- Change of Clothes